DB Schenker buys into UK market

Germany based, pan European HGV company DB Schenker has bought Redhead International as part of the German road giant’s plans to run its vehicles right across the EU.

Early in 2016, DB Schenker will purchase 75% of the UK company and expects to buy the remainder 25% over the next four years, subject to approval by the relevant authorities. The company will still trade as Redhead International and will be managed by the same team, who have run the business very well over the last few years.

Ewald Kaiser, Schenker Land Transport board member said: “This acquisition underscores our strategy to strengthen and grow our pan-European network. It improves our access to the UK market and the combined resources will facilitate our strategic growth aims.”

The new organisation will have over 300 HGVs and will operate from five regional depots, strategically places offices, as well as partner relationships across the UK. Tony Suggit, Redhead International Managing Director said, “The new venture brings the best of both companies together and will further strengthen the infrastructure of our UK & European network.” The company operates groupage services to over 40 European and North African countries including specialist services to and from Eastern Europe and Russia.

Redhead International is also a member of Palletforce, a national pallet network that has over 100 depots across the UK.

DB Schenker is one of the largest road haulage and logistics companies in Europe, and is able to move goods by road, rail and seagoing barge right across Europe. The new purchase will give it a foothold in the UK that it has lacked, and this medium sized haulage firm should help it access the UK market.

Share

Comments are closed.