- 6 December 2018
- Transport / Logistics Services
New research from Metapack shows that delivering a stand-out experience with every online interaction will increase customer loyalty over time.
The carrier management system provider found that where retailers and brands understand the importance of getting their basics right, allowing customers to curate their own deliveries and have their requirements met rapidly and to specific requirements, customers will reward them with long-term commitment and repeat orders.
Metapack’s 2018 State of eCommerce Delivery Consumer Restrch Report showed that, “against the backdrop of struggling sales on the high street, the experiences that eCommerce retailers and brands can uniquely provide are helping them to stay ahead in the race for customer allegiance.”
– 75% expect all delivery options to be displayed on product pages
– 75% have purchased more items to take advantage of a minimum spend ‘free delivery’ option
– 70% expect to pay extra for one-hour, same day, next day or Sunday delivery
– 54% of consumers expect to be able to choose which carrier delivers their online purchases
– 55% expect one-hour delivery in metropolitan areas
The research was carried out online in July 2018 with 3597 consumers of all ages in Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, the UK and the US and examined how the delivery choices shoppers encounter influence the purchasing decisions they make.