- 30 August 2017
- Transport / Logistics Services
Online grocery firm Ocado has said it is to be the first UK supermarket to launch an app for the Amazon Echo voice control system (commonly known as Alexa).
Ocado released a statement earlier this week that said the Ocado app will feature a number of functions that will allow customers to:
– Add a product to an existing order or basket
– Find out which products are currently in season and “receive inspiration for the best ways to include them in recipes”
– Check an existing order or basket to see if a certain product has already been added
– Keep track of an order by asking “where’s my order?”
– Confirm the time until which an existing order can be amended
Lawrence Hene, Marketing and Commercial Director at Ocado, said: “Grocery shopping should be quick, easy and convenient. Using voice technology, we’ve made it even easier by developing our new app that will enable our customers to add to their Ocado baskets without lifting a finger.”
In an addendum to yesterday’s statement, Ocado advised that the new app is “intended for updating existing orders and cannot currently be used to check out a new order”.
Subscribe to Newsletter