- 5 July 2021
- Transport / Logistics Services
InPost has completed the acquisition of Mondial Relay from Otto Group. According to InPost this will create Europe’s leading out-of-home solution for e-commerce.
The €513 million acquisition was first announced in March. InPost said in a statement this will:
– Significantly expands addressable market, fast-tracking InPost’s international strategy
– Provides immediate footprint in highly attractive e-commerce markets with strong foundations for accelerated growth
– Accelerates the “flywheel effect” and offers a greener solution for e-commerce
– InPost continues to expect approximately EUR 100-150 million of incremental EBITDA enhancements over
Rafał Brzoska, Group Chief Executive Officer of InPost said, “We are delighted to have completed this strategically significant acquisition. Mondial Relay’s extensive market presence in one of Europe’s largest e-commerce markets provides a tremendous opportunity for InPost to fast-track our international expansion strategy. Together with Mondial Relay, we will immediately become Europe’s leading out-of-home solution for e-commerce with multiple levers to accelerate our growth and create value for all our stakeholders.
We welcome our Mondial Relay colleagues to the InPost team and are excited to start our journey together as we unlock untapped demand and re-define the last mile delivery experience for consumers.”